A stone built farmhouse, range of brick and stone outbuildings together with approx. 24 acres of agricultural land.
Located in a scenic location adjacent to the River Tawe and on the fringe of Ystradgynlais.
FOR SALE BY PRIVATE TREATY
Ynysglantawe is a delightful small farm located in a private and scenic position in the shadow of Caeralem and adjoining the River Tawe. The property is in need of complete renovation and updating throughout and has potential to make a superb family home:
- Three reception rooms on the ground floor together with three bedrooms and family bathroom on the first floor.
- Useful range of red brick and stone outbuildings together with timber frame agricultural buildings located a short distance from the residential dwelling.
- Interesting range of brick and stone outbuildings suitable for conversion to alternative uses (subject to planning permission).
- Approx 2.63 acres of land is let to Neath Port Talbot Council on a lease and currently used for sports playing field.
- Approx 20.31 acres of mainly permanent pasture, scrub and established woodland.
- Total area including house, yards and buildings 23.92 acres.
- Ystradgynlais has an extensive range of shops, supermarket, schools and light industry all within less than 1 mile of the property.
- Swansea 12 miles • Gower 25 miles • Cardiff 52 miles • Brecon 26 miles.
A short distance to the west of the farmhouse is a range of red brick and traditional stone outbuildings under a slate and corrugated tin roof. The former milking byre, calf cots and stables are ideally suited for conversion to holiday lets or business use (STPP). There is also a timber and steel frame hay barn with corrugated tin roof forming part of the complex.
The flat land is divided into three distinctive parts. Approx 15.07 acres is adjacent to the farmhouse and outbuildings. A further block of 6.23 acres of permanent pasture and woodland is situated to the north of Wind Road which leads to the Welsh Water treatment works. Situated to the west is approx. 2.63 acres of land which is let under a Lease to Neath Port Talbot Council as a playing field (shown hatched yellow on the plan in this brochure). Further details are available from the Vendors solicitor. The land is sold subject to an overage provision (further details available from the Vendor’s Solicitor).